Wednesday, October 2, 2013

SAND ART

Mystical struck me as I was walking on the beach in Plymouth at my sisters house. We came upon a work of art created from the oceans water etched in the sand. The movement of water carved the perfect fossil.




 I chose a muslin because I felt the affect from the rough fabric would suit the image. I then used thread play to create the fossil and colored pencil for shading. I added stitched flecks of opalescence thread to add a sparkle that is seen naturally in the sand.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm speechless...this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks exactly like your inspiration photo Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool Sharon! Great job and I'm so happy you are in this group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nature's art... you duplicated so beautifully in your fiber piece..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow I missed this last time. It's gorgeous, Sharon!!! Wow!!! You can almost hear the ocean! Love!!!

    ReplyDelete